Wednesday 28 March 2012

Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Now prettiness in cakes is something I aspire to (and pin - a lot) but rarely achieve. Tasty yes, photogenic? Not so much.
so I'm ridiculously over-proud of the rhubarb cupcakes made from this recipe http://www.coconutandlime.com/2008/02/baby-loves-rhubarb-cupcakes.html?m=1

New Lottie is awash with rhubarb (proving what a tough beast this plant is) and I picked a bunch of stalks in joyous celebration the day I heard she was ours.





Not only are the results delicious, but mastering meringue icing (yes, it really is easy) made for much inner smugness.

I ended up whisking by hand in sitting room as Mr M had gone to bed directly above the mixer (which sounds like he sleeps in the kitchen cupboard!) and it still worked.

As with all things of beauty, they had a short but glorious life before my colleagues devoured them.

Cupcake photo by the Lovely Linda




Stay sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment