Wednesday 4 April 2012

Extreme dress refashioning

This evening, out of nowhere, my mother gave me her 1971, Nottingham lace, wedding dress. With the specific instruction that I'm to cut it up and refashion it. Because "lace is in isn't it this year?"
Which is wonderful, mindblowingly generous, and not a little daunting!
There's a full length skirt of lace, plus collar and sleeves, with pearls.


In fact, looking at it now, it makes me smile to see the elements from her dress that I must have subconsciously had in mind when designing mine, despite our very different weddings.

However I cut it up (which will take a bit of loin girding to do), I'm keeping the muddy hem.

Because it's a sign that great marriages do indeed start with a rainy wedding, which is what Mr M and I had (and that I'm not alone in not getting my wedding dress cleaned yet!)

Stay pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment